It is not only frustrating but also annoying to pick up a printout with a skewed image. It is a waste of toner and definitely of time. To add to the annoyance, you will have to repair your printer to make it work again and hope that you print it right. Fortunately, image skew is something you can troubleshoot on your own if you know what to do.
The HP M1522 is a printer designed for personal and small office use. It prints 24 pages per minute in as fast as 9.5 seconds first page out. Its generous input tray can accommodate up to 250 sheets in 10-sheet priority slot and 50-sheet automatic document feeder. With these features, your printer is likely to encounter aberration like image skew. When this happens, you can try to perform the basic troubleshooting below.
- Worn out paper roller
- Incorrect position of paper adjustment levers
- Incorrect paper loading
- Defective registration assembly
What you should do:
- Check your paper roller and see if it has cracks, glazing or wear. If you notice that your roller is already defective, replace it as soon as possible.
- Correct your paper tray adjustment lever. Correct according to the paper size used.
- Take the paper from the tray and load them correctly. Adjust paper size Paper should snugly fit the tray to easily feed the printer.
- If the registration assembly is faulty, you might need to replace it.
4 Pack Premium Remanufactured HP LaserJet CB436A 36A Toner Cartridge for HP LaserJet P1505 P1505n M1522n MFP Printers
Make sure that your computer is unplugged when performing these basic troubleshoots. Your HP M1522 is great personal printer. Maintaining regularly will help keep its optimum performance. If you run out of toner but do not want to spend a hefty price over the OEM, use a compatible toner cartridge. It gives out the same print quality and page yield in a lesser price.