Lawyers like doctors must never resort to marketing one’s professional competence, it is against ethics that have defined the profession for so many generations. However, on the discreet side, law firm marketing really exists..
The idea as broached about is a lawyers professional competence will eventually become ‘a word of mouth’ without resorting to marketing a law firm. However, it may take years to get the level of popularity, so here are some marketing ideas that law firms are engaging into:
- In this day and age where the Internet is king, posting a law firm without literally intending to be a form of advertising can go a long way to promote a name. Law firms must construct that right online infrastructure to be visible to prospective clients.
- Nothing beats high quality content in a website, which should include both written content and even video. Law firm websites almost always depend on written content as the most important aspect of lawyers presence in the Net.
- Start with the people a lawyer is associated with, these are the people that can spread a professional presence in the community. These people can be tool that will increase a law firm reach and inspire to meet other clients.
- Get invited to join a trade association, these are potential clients. Cultivate personal interaction that could eventually become a client-lawyer relationship.
- Targeting clients is a nice strategy, but since this aspect is already personal, it should only be resorted to after all efforts to be discreet has been attempted.
- After doing all the above named marketing initiative, it is now time to track the results. Make an effort to list down the business owners club, once membership has been attained. Visit them personally and do some chit chat, talk about their business, their fears, there concerns and almost anything to pursue a close personal, professional partnership.
If after doing all the marketing initiative, it is now time to sit down and assess if it is worth the trouble. The proper gauge of the law firm marketing success is the revenue generated. If the strategy has failed, then pursue other goals that can increase the firm’s presence. Just like any business endeavor, other avenues need to be tapped to climb the ladder of success.
Remember, law firm marketing just like any professional undertaking, will take time to bear fruit. Perseverance is the name of the client that makes it move.