Inkjet printers are most common in homes and offices, simply because these devices are tough and delivers stunning prints. But like all office devices, printers also has its share of inkjet cartridge problems.
One of the problems associated with printers emanates from the replacement supplies, or cartridges for inkjet printers. When cartridges are not healthy, print quality suffers. Only proper cartridge care can result in extraordinary printouts and similarly improve the longevity of the printer. Here are a few tips:
- Never print with an empty cartridge – ink in cartridges not only prints but acts as lubricant to the printhead. In the absence of a lubricant it can induce undue wear and tear to the printhead, causing print quality to deteriorate. Always mind the warning signs and immediately change the cartridges in question. Allowing just a single color to print empty, the practice could permanently clog the printhead.
- Never unplug the printer – but always follow the protocol on how to shut-off the printer. The reason is a printer when left plugged release more often some amount of ink intermittently to prevent ink in the printhead to clog-up. And if left to clog, it will use a lot of ink to clear the minute nozzles of dried-up ink.
- Never print with a leaking cartridge – excess ink can enter cavities, soak-up the waste pad under the printer engaging the sensor to stop the printer. The cost of repairs for this may end up more expensive than a new printer. So, always be cautious when using non-OEM or reusable cartridges to avoid damage to the device.
- Never deviate from official cleaning maintenance procedures – this is important to reduce the chance on ink entering into the cartridge system. When air is present, it coagulates whatever residual ink is left in the chamber. This also applies to cartridges plucked out of the printer and left out of the printer for over thirty minutes, results in similar irregularity.
- Never use questionable inkjet cartridges – this applies to the use of non-OEM inkjet cartridges and always look for the replacement that can deliver the best print quality. Remember, there are lots of inkjet cartridge replacement consumables in the market. Choosing the right replacement could be a nightmare.
Remember, printers are designed to last and gives users almost a lifetime of unparalleled printing runs. However, perfect performance can never be expected if choice and care of replacement consumable and inkjet cartridges problems are not fully addressed.
A printer is only as good as the consumable loaded on it.