When the e8 error light of the hp laserjet pro m1132 printer starts flashing, it could only mean problem with the scanner carriage. Once carriage movement stalls, the printer automatically responds by sending an e8 error light.
The cause of the irregularity could be software based, or there is a break in the scanner motor connection, or the problem could be the motor itself and last the mechanism may have stalled. All problems had ready answers: reimage repair tools for the software and manual repairs or maintenance for failure attributed to mechanical parts of the printer.
However, the most likely culprit is staged mechanically because of the expected wear and tear of the parts. Or dust had accumulated on the sensitive mechanical arms and rubber rollers that results in limited movement and stalling eventually. Cleaning and maintenance will most likely resolve the issues behind the e8 error light signal.
Follow the cleaning and maintenance procedure detailed below.
- Place the hp laserjet pro m1132 printer over a sturdy workbench, possibly in a well-lighted and ventilated area. A screw driver, a clean rag and alcohol will be needed.
- Open the main printer cover and the smaller inner over.
- Unlock the ink cartridge lever, hold the handle and pull it out.
- Look for the printer roller, unclip from the holder.
- Hold the roller and clean with the rag damped with alcohol, allow it to dry. This needs thorough cleaning to remove dust, accumulated ink and other substances that coat the surface.
- Clip the roller back to the printer holder, correct reinstallation should produce a distinct click as the roller sets into position.
- Turn the printer sideways and look for the jack at the back, remove the two nuts and pull the jack out.
- Clean the black printer roller inside and all the other parts, then reinstall back the jack using the nuts previously taken out.
- Reinstall the ink cartridge back lock the lever down to hold it securely.
- Close the printer and power up. If the error lights still blink, open-up the scanner cover and look for the drive gears.
- Apply oil on the drive gears and close the scanner.
- Power-up the printer again.
The process above should have resolved the issues of the hp laserjet pro m1132 e8 error lights. Cleaning and periodic maintenance is what is required to prevent the issue from recurring in the future. Remember that the scanner carriage slides along rails and if not properly maintained it stalls resulting in the e8 error lights. A similar thing happens to the rubber rollers that becomes ineffective if friction is not maintained due to a dirt coated surface.
Always bear in mind that printers have mechanical parts that need cleaning and maintenance to work smoothly.