For an impressive color printer like the Oki C5500 expect that it has a bit complicated parts to deal with. A feature of this machine includes 4 different drums for each CMYK color. And each of these needs to be reset when it is refilled or replaced. The Okidata 43381704 drum (for black) for instance has a page yield of 20,000 pages but is usually the first one that gets depleted. After the replacement, here’s how to reset its drum life.
This method also applies to Okidata 43381702 (Magenta), Okidata 43381701 (Yellow), and Okidata 43381703 (Cyan) drum units.
- Power on Oki C5500 then press and hold TWO up/down buttons on the menu at the same time.
- Press and hold until “OKI USER” appears on the LCD display.
- Release the buttons and scroll down until “Engine Dialog Mode” appears on the LCD display. Press “Enter.”
- The Diagnostic Mode xx.xx.xx S-Mode will appear.
- Next, scroll down until “NV-Ram initial” appears. Simply press “Enter.”
- Press “ONLINE” and “ENTER” buttons simultaneously then HOLD for 10 seconds or until “Executing Reset” appears.
- Reset complete. Restart your printer one more time.
This method resets drum units,toner cartridges,fuser and restores to 100% life.
Replacing and resetting the Okidata 43381704 drum takes only a few minutes of your time. This will enable you to print again and reset the printer’s memory on the toner level of the new the drum. To maintain high quality printouts, follow maintenance and handling instructions properly.