Accounting documents do not always stay immobile, there are times when it has to be moved from one computer to the next. One common reason for this is changing computer hardware, where existing data needs to be transferred to a new computer.
First, moving or copying accounting documents is easy if both computers or array of computers have built-in file mover softwares. Or offices can install the software on networked computers for easy transfer of data. Take note that computers must be hooked to the Internet in order for the file mover to work and effect transfer of documents efficiently.
Why need a file mover software? It is only through this software that anyone can transfer all stuff from their old computer to the new one efficiently. It includes all programs, documents, music, pictures, favorites, emails, accounts, settings and practically all files. And files from the old computer stay intact, unchanged, protected, nothing is deleted from it.
Before even attempting to transfer accounting documents, first see to it that all hardware and software requirements are met. The process are as follows:
- Run the file mover software on the computers or sets of computers that will be the recipient of the transferred data. No reconfiguration is needed for the computers to connect – it is automatic.
- Computers must connect to the same router (wired or WiFi) for the software to work. Ascertain that the network has a steady signal provided by a reliable Internet service provider.
- Choose from the many which application and files need to be moved, press the Advanced menu. This trick is required for selective files, but if everything need to be moved just press go and data transfer will start.
- The file transfer should take some time, depending on the volume of files to be moved.
- Once transfer is complete, the computer automatically reports.
And just like that the transfer of accounting documents and all other files are complete. Most file mover software are compatible with current OS (operating software) Windows 10, Windows 8, 7, XP, Vista available in 32 and 64-bit.
In the absence of an Internet connection and file mover software, moving accounting documents can also made following the old fashioned way. That is, transfer all data into a mobile storage device (a USB or CD) and plug into the new computer to effect data transfer into the C drive.
Remember, that moving or copying accounting documents is easy with a file mover software, but transfer could still be managed doing it manually.