When you’re running on an empty toner cartridge, replacement is necessary to continue printing. Depending on your laser printer model, location of printer toner cartridges may differ. However, here are the basic steps on how to install toner cartridge.
- Turn off the printer and unplug. Wait for a few minutes for it to cool down.
- Locate your printer toner cartridges compartment. Gently open and pull out the cover to reveal the cartridges.
- Remove the printer toner cartridges.
- Open your toner cartridge replacement. Make sure to remove the protective cover.
- Put the new toner cartridge firmly according to their indicated color. Lock them securely.
- Push back the cartridge compartment and close the cover.
- Plug in and restart the printer. If all steps were done correctly, you should be able to print as usual.
Note: You might want to keep the empty toner cartridge and reuse it by means of toner refill. This will help you save a significant amount on your printing expenses.