The Brother toner cartridge is definitely refill friendly. An inspection of the Brother TN460 toner cartridge reveals a fill hole at the non gear side of the cartridge unit that is sealed with a large white plastic filler plug. Thus, users intending to refill the cartridge will only have to remove the filler plug. Administering the refill is such a simple process that even a fifth grader can perform it easily. Below is a quick rundown of the refill procedures for an empty TN460 toner cartridge.
More tips and tricks to printer maintenance and how you can save on printing supplies from the Printer Encyclopedia.
Removing the Filler Plug
- The first step is to unload the empty Brother toner cartridge from the printer.
- Position it on a flat and sturdy surface.
- Explore the side of the cartridge and look for a large, white plastic filler plug.
- Use a small flathead screwdriver to pluck out the filler plug. In the absence of a screwdriver, the plug can be removed with the aid of the user’s thumbnail.
The removal of the plug opens up the toner supply chamber.
Refilling the Cartridge
- Position the Brother TN460 cartridge upside down with the fill hole facing a plastic sheet lined trashcan.
- Slowly empty the chamber of used toner. Note that residual TN 460 toner previously submitted to electrostatic charges must be discarded. If retained inside the chamber and mixed with new toner, the residual toner will contaminate the latter and cause print irregularities.
- Clean the toner supply chamber thoroughly. If available, use a toner vacuum to rid the chamber of toner.
- After cleaning, pull out the replacement bottle of toner from the toner refill kits designed to refill Brother TN-460 cartridges.
- Open the seal and screw-on the funnel cap. Carefully transfer TN 460 toner into the chamber through the fill hole.
- Once toner transfer is complete, replace the filler plug or use a new one in case the existing plug is damaged. Likewise wipe out cartridge’s surface from specks of residual toner.
- Open the Brother toner cartridge cavity and adjust the reset gear. This completes the refill process.
- Shake the cartridge slightly and load the cartridge back to the printer.
- Perform test prints.
The conduct of do-it-yourself refills on a Brother toner cartridge is not only easy but can also generate user savings of up to $51.50. This was reckoned from the price difference of a 2 pack OEM Brother TN460 toner cartridge and a twin pack Brother TN460 toner refill kit that retail for $125 and $22 respectively.
Get your supplies for toner compatible with Brother-TN-460 only from reputed vendors online who can guarantee the quality of their products.
Reuse empty toner cartridges and save as much as 80% on printing costs. Visit http://www.lasertekservices.com and shop for the toner refill kit compatible with your cartridge.